July 29, 2015
Roy Tsukiyama just joined this month, and we would like to give him a warm welcome to our ARMA Hawaii ohana!
- Tell us about your company/organization and what role you serve.
I am a Land Records and Research Analyst in the Land Information Management and Services Dept. for Kamehameha Schools at Kawaiahao Plaza. I have only been in this position for only 7 months but have been at KS for 35 years.
- What are your current job responsibilities as they relate to records and information management (RIM)?
My primary responsibilities are to (1) maintain and organize the physical hard copies of documents and maps dealing with KS lands from the beginning to today, (2) load and maintain these documents and maps into electronic databases, and (3) provide research of these files to KS staff requesting documents and maps for projects.
- Can you share any specific challenges that you have experienced as they relate to RIM?
Main challenge is sheer volume of documents and maps and recreating everything electronically.
- Are there any particular topics that you hope to hear or learn about from ARMA that may help you in your current job?
As an ARMA member, I am interested in learning about existing and new technologies in records management.
- Other than work, tell us about yourself (Family/Hobbies/Where you plan on taking your next vacation).
I live with my wife Neva, and have 2 children on the mainland and 2 step-children in Canada. We enjoy outdoor activities and traveling several times a year which includes Las Vegas, and running half-marathons and marathons in Hawaii and on the mainland. Biggest running accomplishment is qualifying to join the Marathon Maniacs which requires running 3 marathons in 90 days.